Current projects include:
- Working for poet and educator Jacob Sam-La Rose as an arts admin assistant. He is the King of multi-tasking and I help lighten the load. Fantastic guy to work with, follow him on twitter @jsamlarose.
- Producing my own work. Currently working in radio and stage. In the pre-production stages at the moment, getting there slowly.
- Probably the most exciting is working towards opening a new arts venue in my hometown, but more on that later.
Past projects include:
- Working on the Lancashire International Film Festival at the University of Central Lancashire, acting as assistant to Coordinator Ric Michael, helping to make the whole thing run smoothly. Check out the website for more details on the festival.
- Volunteering at They Eat Culture for the Lancashire Writing Hub. I loved this element of my work, LWH is a brilliant resource for writers in the North West of England. They aim to produce a professional and friendly network that writers can be a part of.
- Working with Mark Strange on his latest feature film “12”. I helped out with promotion and marketing and have also interviewed Mark for a book soon to be released. I’ll post up here as soon as it’s in shops.
- Working with writer and director Bill McCoid, acting as Promotions Coordinator for the release of his independent feature film Car Park. Eight years in the making, there were high expectations for the premiere at the Lowry in Salford, but we pulled off a very successful screening.
- Writing a regular column for Incorporating Writing electronic magazine, edited by Andrew Oldham. The back issues can be found on Scribd.
- Writing for PR1, UCLan’s entertainment section of newspaper Pluto.